Queensland Small Business Advisory Council
The Queensland Small Business Advisory Council focuses on significant small business issues and provides advice and solutions to the Minister for Small Business on issues related to small business growth, sustainability and employment.
Chaired by the Honourable Leeanne Enoch MP, Minister for Innovation, Science and the Digital Economy and Minister for Small Business, the Council membership includes small business owners and representatives across a variety of industries and regional and rural Queensland.
The Council has the task of:
- responding to requests from the Minister on identified small business issues
- responding to requests from the Minister for feedback on proposed small business assistance programs and policies
- bringing to the Minister’s attention any systemic and emerging issues with the potential to affect the ability of Queensland small businesses to operate successfully.
Better Regulation Taskforce
The Council has established the Better Regulation Taskforce as a sub-committee to provide advice on red tape impacting on small business in Queensland. The Taskforce assumes the work of the former Red Tape Reduction Advisory Council which has been amalgamated into the Council.
The members of the Queensland Small Business Advisory Council are:
- The Honourable Leeanne Enoch MP, Minister for Innovation, Science and the Digital Economy and Minister for Small Business (Chair)
- Ms Maree Adshead, Queensland Small Business Champion
- Ms Jemina Dunn, Australian Industry Group
- Ms Courtney Petersen, Shine Lawyers
- Mr Tony Axford, Gold Coast Small Business Advisory Centre
- Mr Ralph Edwards, BrightEyes Sunglasses Group
- Ms Debbie Smith, Foodworks Toowoomba and MGA Independent Retailer
- Mr Derek Lightfoot, Tropical Pines
- Ms Julia Telford, Engage and Create Consulting
- Ms Julie-ann Lambourne, enVizion
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (CCIQ) (representative to be announced).
Is there an issue facing small businesses in Queensland you would like the government to investigate?
Email to tell us about it.