Queensland Small Business Advisory Council
The Queensland Small Business Advisory Council focuses on significant small business issues and provides advice and solutions to the Minister for Small Business on issues related to small business growth, sustainability and employment.
Chaired by the Honourable Leeanne Enoch MP, Minister for Innovation, Science and the Digital Economy and Minister for Small Business, members include small business owners across a variety of industries and regional and rural Queensland.
The Council has the task of:
- responding to requests from the Minister on identified small business issues
- responding to requests from the Minister for feedback on proposed small business assistance programs and policies
- bringing to the Minister’s attention any systemic and emerging issues with the potential to affect the ability of Queensland small businesses to operate successfully.
At June 2016, members of the Queensland Small Business Advisory Council are:
- The Honourable Leeanne Enoch MP, Minister for Innovation, Science and the Digital Economy and Minister for Small Business
- Ms Saba Abraham, Mu'ooz Restaurant
- Mr Tony Axford, Gold Coast Business Enterprise Centre
- Mr Stephen Tait, Queensland Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Ms Jemina Dunn, Australian Industry Group
- Mr Ralph Edwards, Australian Retailers Association and BrightEyes Sunglasses
- Ms Kathleen Garner, AusMumpreneur
- Ms Kimberly James, Kings Fishery
- Ms Sonya Jeffrey, Ingan Tours
- Mr Derek Lightfoot, Tropical Pines
- Mr Stuart Pullar, Mortgage Choice
Is there an issue facing small businesses in Queensland you would like the government to investigate?
Email to tell us about it.