Office of Small Business
Queensland - the place for small business to start, grow and employ.
The Queensland Government recognises the challenges small businesses face and provides a range of programs, information and tools to support them. Visit Business Queensland (Business and Industry Portal) to access this information and more.
The Office of Small Business:
The Office of Small Business was established in July 2016 to:
- Deliver the Advancing Small Business Queensland Strategy
- Position Queensland as the state for small business creation, growth and job generation through the delivery of targeted programs and services
- Manage the Government's business services online through Business Queensland (Business and Industry Portal)
- Leverage the Advance Queensland agenda to foster entrepreneurship and innovation by small businesses.
Did you know:
- Queensland has more than 414,000 small businesses that employ 43% of the Queensland private sector workforce
- Small and medium-sized businesses make up 99.86% of all businesses in Queensland
- Queensland is home to almost 20% of Australia’s small businesses.
Connect with us
For the latest information on small business programs, tools and services subscribe to our Advancing Small Business Queensland newsletter.